Pages

Thursday, July 29, 2021

Suss Out Statistics

Kia ora! Today, we are going to learn about Statistics. My goal was:  Display data using a stem and leaf graph, choose an appropriate data, display using more than one variable, interpret information from graphs plan an investigation.
First of all, do you know what Data is? It is Information. You need this so that you can create a Graph. 

For our TUMU TEAMS BIRTHDAY Graph, we started off like this:




The teachers collected Data by asking Rāta people who were born in January to stand up, and then we counted them. Then The February people in Rāta, and so on. Then, we moved on to Mānia, and then Korokio, then Kōhia. In the end, It looked like this:



We made a copy of the Google sheet, and then made two graphs. We wrote some statements  about them. We had to make two different kind of graphs, so I did a column chart, and a stacked bar chart.




Have you ever made a graph? 
If so, do you know what kind it was?
Please comment. See you next time!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Izzy,

    You have made two really great graphs. I like the way you have made the statements underneath. It's crazy that in the Tumu Hub with 97 children there is only one birthday in July.

    I have made graphs before and I like using Google Sheets to make them. I made a pie graph on Google Sheets.

    Do you prefer making a graph in your book or on Google Sheets?

    Mrs Bryce

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post