Pages

Thursday, September 9, 2021

My poem - The War

  Hello again! Welcome to my blog. Today, I will post a poem that I wrote on ANZAC day. It is about war. I have imagined what it would've been like for the soldiers that had to go to war. I have also thought about what the soldiers would have been feeling. Here is a fact: In some wars, boys as young as 16 were sent to battle! I think that they probably would have felt very scared. Here is my poem!



The War


The War, The War,

What a beastly thing

The War, The War,

It ruined everything


The soldiers, the soldiers,

So full of power and heart,

The soldiers, the soldiers,

So young and smart


Training, training,

Then carted off to war,

Oh, dear,

They think it’s a terrible bore!


They march off to the battlefield

Raising their shining sword and shield

Rushing at the roaring enemy


People just a town from there

All put their books down to stare


The screeching sound of bomb and sirens

Warn them to duck underground,

To a secret annexe

All safe and sound


It does not, though, block out

The sound bombs again and again,

And on the battlefield it’s just insane


In other underground rooms

Kids would say,

“We hate it here! We want to come out!”

But the mother says not to,

There’s danger about


Finally, about half a decade later,

The war has ended.

Thousands were dead.

But some were only just mended.


We are lucky to have no war,

There is no way we want more!



It is a bit long, and I worked on it a lot. I hope you like it! Do you like writing poems? I hope you do! I have written some other poems. If I can, I will blog them! Please comment! I have written a poem about growth mindset above. Thanks for reading on my blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post